Old January 25th 08, 04:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Standing-Wave Current vs Traveling-Wave Current WAS rraa three-legged race

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 04:13:56 GMT, Gene Fuller
wrote:

The irradiance equations
work fine for detailing the external effects, but they don't give any
hint of what happens inside the interface. Think Thevenin.

Hi Gene,

Cecil isn't going to rise far enough to catch a breath of air on this
one. You may as well drop the shoe for lurkers (and me).

I don't see the connection to Thevenin (specifically); but, for me,
inside the interface we can draw the correlation of TIR failure (the
chapter that Cecil hasn't drug across the Xerox yet) to evanescent
waves to near fields to how antennas work.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC