Old January 25th 08, 05:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Standing-Wave Current vs Traveling-Wave Current

Gene Fuller wrote:
You are supporting my point exactly.

Gene, you have been arguing for two years that I am
wrong and now you claim my argument was your idea all
along. How very typical.

There is little mystery about what
happens *outside* the discontinuity.

There is no "inside" to an impedance discontinuity.
The plane is two dimensional. Everything that happens
at an impedance discontinuity is "outside" of that
plane. There is no place to hide the technical facts.

I think you must be confusing me with someone else. I just went back to
look at the messages I sent over the past three months. I could not find
a single case where I called you any name at all, much less every name
in the book.

Here are some of your strictly technical terms for
me from just the past couple of weeks:

"Fractured Fairytale Physics"
"complete nonsense"
"truly sad"
"hoodwinked by the nonsense"
"trying to pull a fast one"
"such magic"
"no technical value"
"truly bizarre"
"utter nonsense"
"utter lie"
"baloney"
"sadly amusing"
"your tricks"

The irradiance equations
work fine for detailing the external effects, but they don't give any
hint of what happens inside the interface.

There is no "inside" to a plane. There is no black box
into which you can sweep the technical facts.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com