Old January 25th 08, 06:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roy Lewallen Roy Lewallen is offline

Default Derivation of Reflection Coefficient vs SWR

Roger Sparks wrote:

Nothing mysterious was hinted with the words "power is present".

As I finished writing the post, I wanted to call attention to the assumption that the reflected power is true power and adds to the amount of energy "stored" on the transmission line. But "stored" is a word that implies static conditions, and static conditions are not found on a transmission line. So I substituted "present" for "stored.

A better reason to avoid "stored" is that power isn't stored at all,
anywhere. Anyone who believes so should be able to tell us how many
watts of power are stored in a 50 Ah, 12 volt battery.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL