Old January 25th 08, 05:31 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
John Byrns[_2_] John Byrns[_2_] is offline

Default Biggish speaker in wood box wanted

In article
,
AB9GO wrote:

Speaker designed for use with amateur and two-way radio, shortwave and
scanner listening.

http://www.soundssweet.com

Look at how it is constructed and buy the parts from www.partsexpress.com
.
Here are reviews from hams that own this speaker:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/2754

I don't know if I would trust that speaker to "sound sweet", it is a
"tuned port, bass reflex speaker", and those tend to have a peaky
resonant bass, not a sweet bass sound. They probably used the "tuned
port, bass reflex" because the box would have had to be larger than
their target size otherwise.

Regards,

John Byrns