Old January 26th 08, 10:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Gene Fuller Gene Fuller is offline

Default Standing-Wave Current vs Traveling-Wave Current

Cecil Moore wrote:
Gene Fuller wrote:
What did I say that was incorrect?

Suppose that the "standard output" is at a constructive maximum.

That supposition is incorrect because it supposes that
the standard output can contain more energy than the
source is supplying. That supposition violates the
conservation of energy principle.

Why would anyone make such a supposition that violates conservation of
energy? I certainly did not. I merely said the output was at a maximum.
Do you think that "maximum" is an illegal concept? Does "maximum" imply
some specific numerical value?

Frankly, I have no idea what your objection is, and I have even less
interest. I gave a standard textbook solution in a straightforward
manner that gives the correct result, violates nothing, and is not
complicated by all sorts of artificial constraints. If you want
something more, have at it.

73
Gene
W4SZ