Old January 28th 08, 02:15 AM posted to rec.radio.swap
Radiosrfun Radiosrfun is offline

Default Heathkit INFO wanted

"Mike VE3MKX" wrote in message
Hi, Im looking for a copy of the Heath HW-2xl 2m handi manual...
OR ,,, if you cna help me out. Long story short, the squelch will not
turn on. All I hear is white noise unless I turn the CTCSS on.

Any ideas?

73 Mike

Not having the schematic, can't be too precise here - but you've probably
got a "Transistor" and/or a "Cap" in the squelch circuit - going haywire.
The "Squelch gate" may be the term they used. There should be a varying
voltage on it when the squelch is opened / closed. If I had the schematic,
could help a bit more with exact part and/or voltages to check.