Old January 29th 08, 05:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Ed Cregger Ed Cregger is offline

Default Intermittent raspy signals on ICOM 735 ?

"Larry Gagnon" wrote in message
newsp.t5ngu3n2aiss39@localhost...
I have a problem with my ICOM 735 transceiver. It has done
me well for 23 years now, but just recently I have noticed
raspy CW and SSB signals on receive, on an intermittent
basis. This problem comes and goes, often in long
intervals and does not seem to be affected by temperature.
It sounds simply like an unclean signal with a raspy note
on top of it. I am so far unable to determine if this
affects my transmit signal or not, I did get a poor report
once during this condition, but during another transmission
at another time I did not. I have the complete service
manual for this rig, but am a bit unsure where to start.

Any ideas appreciated.

Larry VE7EA

Maybe your receiver is being desensed by a nearby and new
source of strong RF energy?

Could it be that you left the noise blanker on and are
noticing its effects on strong signals?

Ed, NM2K