Old January 30th 08, 06:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
[email protected] jimmie68@gmail.com is offline

Default Are switch-mode powers supplies suitable for receivers?

John Ferrell wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:27:20 -0000, "Richard"
wrote:

I have an ex AM PMR radio that I wish to use on 144Mhz. I need a PSU feeding
24V @ about 300mA.

Are switch-mode powers supplies alright or are they too noisy to be used for
receivers? TIA.

Some are, some are not. You have a lot of choices available at 300ma.

John Ferrell W8CCW
"Life is easier if you learn to
plow around the stumps"

I tried one that created all kinds of interference. I was able to
solve the problem by installing caps in parallel with the rectifiers, .
005uF disc I think.

Jimmie