Old January 31st 08, 12:27 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Mike Schultz Mike Schultz is offline

Default ebay jumps the shark.....

It's always instructive to compare eBay commissions with those of
traditional auction houses. They typically take 20-25% off the top. One of
the local houses just raised its rates to 35% on items selling for under
$200.

EBay still seems cheap by comparison.

--
Mike Schultz

"James Sweet" wrote in message
I imagine sellers like Radiomart and Gottahaveit1985 should just love
these
new feedback rules. Like I said long ago, E-Bay could care less about
Buyers and
does everything to kiss Seller's collective tuckus since this is where
they have
their bread buttered. E-Screw can go to hell for all I care. Same

On the contrary, I'd much rather be a buyer than a seller under the new
rules. I doubt I will quit buying as long as I can find bargains, but I'm
far less interested in selling anymore with how much they skim off the
top.