Old February 2nd 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
D Peter Maus D Peter Maus is offline

Default New Antenna

dxAce wrote:

John Doe wrote:

Why is the Eavesdropper minus the static arrestor?

Because I'm keeping it?

If that's the Zap Trapper that came with the antenna, be advised it
has a finite halflife. It loses effectiveness over time.

"dxAce" wrote in message

Brian Hill wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
Looks as though Universal is offering up a new Hy-Power AB-SWL-SL
shortwave
sloper antenna:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/5062.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Are you going to try it Steve? Looks like it might be allright?
I rather doubt I'll be trying it, Brian. Tentative plans here are to try
and put
up an inverted vee this coming summer for 60 meters, and then use that for
other
bands as well with an antenna tuner. Not even sure anymore if it would
even be
worthwhile to try it, but I might have a go with it.

I do have a used Eavesdropper C for sale, minus the static arrestor, for
$25.00
+ shipping, in case anyone might be interested.

dxAce
Michigan
USA