Old February 3rd 08, 11:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.arts.sf.marketplace,rec.toys.action-figures.marketplace
justis justis is offline

Default A SOLUTION FOR BAD EBAY BUYERS

Ebay instructs you to open the email, do not click on any links, and then
forward it to .
Lately there's been a lot of phoney Ebay emails sent out telling you that
your account has been restricted or it's overdue etc. The emails look
official. I still have them, scanned for viruses and tucked away on a
floppy.
Not as many are being received after notifying Ebay. Still the odd one
though.
"msg" wrote in message
eclyma wrote:
I'm not a volume buyer, maybe a dozen or so, but all have been excellent
transactions. My buying is further reduced by the "Paypal registration
required" by some sellers. I will not register as I've had my I.D. with

Ebay
compromised by Paypal hackers when I never had a Paypal account. I will
still deal with those who accept USPS money orders.

Never heard of a true PayPal hack; the 'compromises' stem from 'phishing'
emails sent to PayPal users who don't check the email headers for routing
and origin and fall prey by visiting sham sites' URLs. When using the
PayPal website, the URLs should always start with 'https'.

Michael