Old February 4th 08, 11:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Andrew VK3BFA[_2_] Andrew VK3BFA[_2_] is offline

Default Are switch-mode powers supplies suitable for receivers?

On Jan 28, 10:27 pm, "Richard" wrote:
I have an ex AM PMR radio that I wish to use on 144Mhz. I need a PSU feeding
24V @ about 300mA.

Are switch-mode powers supplies alright or are they too noisy to be used for
receivers? TIA.

Their noisy period, but you might get away with it on 2m. But you will
still be QRM'ing everyone else...
Hold AM transistor radio next to it, have a listen as you tune across
the band....not nice, lots of spurs with rich harmonic content...

Its your choice. The dark path or the light path of Radio Karma....

Andrew VK3BFA.