Old February 4th 08, 09:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
IBOCcrock IBOCcrock is offline

Default The Wonders of HD Radio.

On Feb 4, 12:10�pm, Rfburns wrote:
Regardless of all the hype about improved audio quality and all the
other nonsense, this guy was unaware that this HD FM transmitter was
having problems (and for months I might add) and when confronted made
some lame excuse about a bad microphone.

Now I'm not an expert but it seems that if your going to tout the
benefits of HD radio why would you let a bad microphone spoil them for
you?

jw

"What Are We Doing to Ourselves, Exactly?"

"IBOC FM Interference Has Been Reported in Several Cases Where FCC
Contours Provide Inadequate Protection."

http://tinyurl.com/yt286v

"HD Interference: Not Just For AM Anymore"

"Radio World Engineering Extra dropped a bomb this month with a very
provocative cover story: 'What Are We Doing to Ourselves, Exactly?'
Written by Doug Vernier, the man who authored the technical
specifications for an ongoing Corporation for Public Broadcasting-
sponsored HD Radio interference analysis, the report is the first of
its kind to document interference between FM-HD stations around the
country. Using anecdotal reportage, some sophisticated contour-
mapping, and presumably 'early data' from the CPB study, Vernier's
article conclusively proves how stations running in hybrid HD/analog
mode can (and do) interfere somewhat significantly with not only
themselves, but their neighbors on the FM dial."

http://diymedia.net/archive/1207.htm#122307

Yup, HD Radio also jams itself and others on FM.