Old February 5th 08, 06:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Ed_G Ed_G is offline

Default Any opinions on Yaesu FT-450

I have been looking at the FT-450 and it seems to be very capable and
fits most of the above requirements.

I have also been looking at the Yaesu FT-897, which seems to be a more
mobile radio.

I am still making the decision, but I was wondering if anyone has
either radio (or ideally both) and could give some opinions
(constructive please!).

I made the same decision between those two radios over a year ago
and have no regrets in chosing the FT-450.. The receiver is
definitaly superior to the Rx in the Ft-897. The IF DSP features are
well worth it. I use mine primarily as the HF station in my motorhome,
as well as a backup to my IC-746 in the home station.

In addition to the hundreds of reviews already suggested to you,
you can also check out the Yahoo Groups for each of those models of
radios you are looking at.

Ed K7AAT