Old February 6th 08, 09:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Andiroo Andiroo is offline

Default Howes DCRX Receiver - Kit from 1980s-

On Feb 6, 8:14*pm, "Anonymous." wrote:
"afcsman" wrote in message

. ..

Andiroo wrote:
Hi

I have just purchased a Howes DCRX receiver which works on 80m and was
a kit made by CM Howes in the UK around the mid-1980s. Does anyone
know where i could find the instructions or does anyone have one of
these receivers?
Thanks
Andy

Nothing in BAMA, but try this:
http://www.hamradiomanuals.com/view_manual.php?m=304
It'll cost you, but if you google, you'll find some favorable opinions on
the receiver and some tips, esp in the eHam.net reviews.

Sorry, missed this first time round.

I've got one, made up into a qrp rig with the matching TX.

What info do you need?

Hi

Thanks for the response. Couple of questions. I have the 80m version
and wonder what it would take to run it on 40metres. Also just
interested in the schematics to understand the construction. Lastly,
how the TX matched it and worked etc.

Thanks