Old February 7th 08, 12:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
blue box thief blue box thief is offline

Default Any opinions on Yaesu FT-450

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the reply.

On 2008-02-06, Ed_G wrote:

If I were to fault Yaesu for anything, it would be their menu system.
Of the big three, I find Yaesu's menu system to be the least intuitive.
That said, I will say that I find the menu system for the FT-450
"different", and perhaps more straight forward than that of the FT-897
system. I have an FT-817 which is similar to the FT-897 and FT-857
type radios and It is not nearly as easy to use as the FT-450.

That is very good news. Very glad to hear it. So the 450, has a
"better" menu system than the 817/57/97?

From POV of something like filtering, how easy are they to use?

Not as easy at the IC=746, but still better than the other Yaesu
radios to which I already referred.

No hate, nothing particular that I love, either.

A 23' base loaded vertical on the back of my motorhome. Works
superbly, but I always adjust my loading coil assy for a good 50 ohm
match for the radio.

With all these average, or "positive" comments, I don't understand how the radio
has received bad reviews.

Thank you very much for your comments Ed. You'd helped me alot.

much appreciated.

ei8fdb