Old February 9th 08, 09:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Andiroo Andiroo is offline

Default Howes DCRX Receiver - Kit from 1980s-

On Feb 9, 7:41*am, "Anonymous." wrote:
"Andiroo" wrote in message

On Feb 8, 4:33 pm, "Anonymous." wrote:

"Andiroo" wrote in message

On Feb 8, 9:04 am, "Anonymous." wrote:
Sorry, OM, I am fundamentally opposed to supporting
in any way the gangrenous degeneration that is the
McM3/CB Fools' Licence scheme.
Another one who would rather have silent airwaves than keep the hobby
alive. Well gangrenous is the word !

CB Radio is a hobby. Radio Hammery is more than that; it's a whole-life
technical pursuit. I append a short FAQ to assist you in understanding the
difference .....
-----ooooo-----
Q. What is Ham Radio?
A. Ham Radio is a technical pursuit for those who
are interested in the science of radio wave
propagation and who are also interested in the
way that their radios function. It has a long-standing
tradition of providing a source of engineers who
are born naturals.
YAWN..

When you remove the brain from a CBer, what then appears to be
a yawn is really the empty skull trying to suck back in some form of the
missing intelligence.

Those who hold, or have ever held, or are candidates for, or will
never achieve despite an interest going back decades, a licence issued
under the gangrenous degeneration that is the McM3/CB Fools' Licence
scheme will never make it into the ranks of _REAL_ Radio Hams with
their gentlemanly and technical traditions.

Your attitude proves this.- Hide quoted text -

I doff my hat to your 'gentlemanly' wisdom.....