Old November 8th 03, 07:16 PM
Reg Edwards

"Roger Adam" wrote -

I don't see any mention of a fixed or variable capacitor. I take it that
there is one fitted!

================================

Neither is there any mention of frequency. Where is the antenna analyser
connected? What parameters are being measured. How long is the feedline,
etc. ?

Does the antenna work when connected to a transmitter or receiver? If it
doesn't what are the symptoms?

A magloop has an extremely high Q and narrow bandwidth. Behaviour
approaches that of a quartz crytal. If you don't get the expected
measurement results then the most likely reason is the limited capabilty of
the analyser. A precision, scientific-grade instrument is needed.

Reg.