Old February 10th 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
DaveM DaveM is offline

Default Cantenna dummyload oil

"RP" wrote in message
Hi I need to building a 4 ohm 1500 watt "cantenna paint can style" dummy load
for audio and guitar amp work. I have forgotten what type of oil to use for
heat transfer.
Id like something easy to get (like peanut or something with a high
flashpoint).
Don't want to loose the house.
Joe "NOSPAM"

In another life, I worked at a Motorola commercial 2-way radio shop. We used
Heathkit Cantennas for all of our test benches. All were filled with mineral
oil. Ran that way for years, never a problem.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

"In theory, there isn't any difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is." - Yogi Berra