Old February 10th 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Quantum Loop Tropical Band loopheads

On Feb 9, 5:00*pm, junius wrote:
-
- I've seen plenty of posts here praising the Quantum Loop
- antenna.
-*I'm curious to know, has anyone tried the Tropical Band
- loophead offered for the Quantum Loop antenna?
-*If so, how's the performance, and how does it compare
- with other antennae that you've used for tropical band
- listening? *
- Also, any opinions on the longwave loophead?
-
- Regards,
-
- Junius
-
- http://www.dxtools.com/PRODUCTS.htm
-

Junius - I never knew that they offered a Loop Head
for the Tropical Bands - you live and learn ~ RHF

Looked around and found this "RadioIntel Review"
of the Quantum QX Loop v2.0
http://www.radiointel.com/review-qloop.htm
-by- Jay Allen - RadioIntel Contributing Editor
http://www.radiointel.com/about.htm

TROPICAL BANDS LOOPHEAD : (~1.8 to ~6.2 MHz)
http://www.dxtools.com/QX.htm
http://www.dxtools.com/QXv2+.htm
Looks like it works with both the Quantum QX Loop v2.0
and the Quantum QX Loop v2.0 Plus.

FWIW - I have the older Quantum QX Pro Loop [15"] that
http://www.dxtools.com/QXPro.htm
has a switch for both AM/MW and LW; but never found
anything down in the Longwave Band that 'interested' me.
The Quantum QX Pro Loop works great on the AM/MW Band.