Old February 10th 08, 09:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
MRe MRe is offline

Default Cantenna dummyload oil

Even vegetable oil will do, as this (partly german) website
proves.....:-)
http://www.markusleonhardt.de/en/oelrechner.html

MRE
PE1NQR

"Jim Higgins" schreef in bericht
On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 19:45:07 GMT, "RP"

wrote:

Hi I need to building a 4 ohm 1500 watt "cantenna paint can
style" dummy
load for audio and guitar amp work. I have forgotten what type
of oil to use
for heat transfer.
Id like something easy to get (like peanut or something with a
high
flashpoint).
Don't want to loose the house.
Joe "NOSPAM"

I suggest light mineral oil, unless you can get transformer oil
cheaper. Both are mineral oil, one just a bit more refined,
which is
absolutely unnecessary in your application - or as 50 ohm
amateur
radio dummy loads for that matter.

I only listed the "Transformer Oil" link below for its
reference to
mineral oil. I'm not for a second suggesting any of the fancy
new
alternatives mentioned at that link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mineral_oil
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformer_oil