Old February 13th 08, 02:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
COLIN LAMB COLIN LAMB is offline

Default R.F. Choke Design

1000 ohms reactance at 3.5 MHz would be almost invisible to the rf output
tuning. I have a drawer full of old surplus rf chokes, wound with large
wire. Generally one section. About 1/2 the size of a golf ball. I have
thrown those in and they work fine. For lower power, a standard 2.5 mh
choke is ok, but I like larger wire size for higher voltage and current.
The old tuning units from the BC-375 would have a handful of such chokes,
with nice ceramic stand-offs.

73, Colin K7FM