Old February 13th 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
N9NEO[_2_] N9NEO[_2_] is offline

Default Stoner/Mckay Dymek Model DA-100* Active Antenna - Model "D"-versus- "E"

On Feb 12, 10:09*am, RHF wrote:
On Feb 12, 4:35*am, Ron Hardin wrote:

RHF wrote:

For One and All,

Anyone know the Specific Differences between the :

Stoner/Mckay Dymek Model DA-100"D" Active Antenna ?
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ150214451176

- and the -

McKay Dymek DA-100"E" Active Antenna *?
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/0328.html

i want to know ~ RHF
*.
CAUTION : This Post Has Not Been "Approved" by Telamon.
-ps- So Read It Only -If- You Are "Clueless".
*.

No but I have 6 model E's in service, and have replaced 2,
over a decade. (So that's 60 combined years, 2 failures, =
one failure every 30 years, which I guess is not bad.

One interesting flaw : ice forming and thawing eventually
lifts the antenna rod off the pinch-fit stub it's slipped
over, after several years. *Application of heat to the rod
and ice to the stub can get it back on fairly easily.)

The E is more sensitive than a Wellbrook ALA1530 by a good deal,
though I suppose more susceptible to any local noise sources
as well.
--

On the internet, nobody knows you're a jerk.- Hide quoted text -

RH - TYVM for your insight into the Model "E"s ~ RHF

Seems like a lot of money for the antenna. I have both the PA0RDT and
the Amrad that I homebrewed for a bunch less money than that. The
PA0RDT suffers from some big station IM products here in Rochester,
but the Amrad does a nice job. Neither of them will do as well as my
4 foot loop for MW.

Hey Ron, You must like them a lot. How do they perform, and why are
you running six of them?

regards,
Bob