Old February 15th 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.antiques.radio+phono
Steven Swift Steven Swift is offline

Default Bliley BG9D 100 kHz (kc) Glass Octal Crystal

afcsman writes:

Steven Swift wrote:
Okay, so I broke down and got a couple of Bliley glass octal 100 Kc
frequency standard crystal, model BG9D.

Now I am looking for data on this part. Google doesn't turn up
anything, other than some nice photos
(http://www.leapsecond.com/museum/ear...00khz-tube.jpg)

Anyone have a data sheet on this thing?

It is easy to hook up, but it would be nice to know what drive level
and load it was optimized for.

TIA.

Steve.

I could only suggest your searching for an old Allied Radio
catalog. I remember seeing Bliley as one of the brands
listed, and there were usually parameters there. You
wouldn't be too wrong with an ARRL Handbook circuit, if
you're going "tube." There's enough "wiggle room" in the
tolerances. Tube-type pre-PLL decade dividers, mixers, and
multipliers weren't even twinkles in the designers' eyes
when those xtals were ground.

W9NPI

Thanks.

I found some pin-out and some simple info. I didn't think of any old
Allied catalog.
--
Steven D. Swift, , http://www.novatech-instr.com
NOVATECH INSTRUMENTS, INC. P.O. Box 55997