Old February 15th 08, 05:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.antiques.radio+phono
John Byrns[_2_] John Byrns[_2_] is offline

Default Bliley BG9D 100 kHz (kc) Glass Octal Crystal

In article ,
Jeffrey D Angus wrote:

Steven Swift wrote:
I want to thank all those who helped, especially Dana at the Bliley
corporation who sent me this:

http://novatech-instr.com/Fun/BG9DS.pdf

Now I know I want to find another one of these. I think I've seen one
in my stash upstairs.

A couple of years ago I was working on a crystal oscillator and watched
as the one I had rolled off of the bench and went "Pock!" as it hit the
floor.

Somewhere in my stash I have a similar 100 kc octal crystal except that
it has a metal envelope, sort of like a 6L6, rather than glass, and IIRC
it has a military part number of some sort.

So the question is, what are these good for, can they be converted into
a useful project of any sort?

Regards,

John Byrns