Old February 18th 08, 01:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Mr Fed UP Mr Fed UP is offline

Default ICOM IC-756 PRO repair WEB page

Congrat's.!!!

I got a 756proIII this last spring and a switching PS 125.. the PS had
something rattling around inside so
I had to open it up. Turned out to be plastic from some caps but I didn't
see any damaged caps.
I suppose is was left in after a fix at the factory or HRO,

I got the desk mic SM20 with it and it only lasted a few months. So I have
to get into the plug that
is on the end of the mic... a soma problem ... soma the times it works and
soma the time it don't.
easier to fix and more reliable if I do it myself. Poor testimonies for
these high dollar stations.

I got an icom 2720 and it had no schematic... the Users manual IS not
satisfactory to connect
external speakers. No connecter contact drawings.

I also got an icom 91AD and it also had no schemtic.

A person would think at least a schematic would be included. I guess they
want MORE MONEY
for service manuals. I was emailed drawings for the switching PS and

If they don't send me some schematics for these last 2 rigs... my HF amp
won't be the PW1
The Ameritron tube amps I am considering has schematics already on thier
web site.

By the way http://www.amateurlogic.com/downloads.htm had nice video tour of
factory nice show

I'll post again later.

Good luck...73 Gary K4TWO

"EB5AGV" wrote in message
Hello!

I am glad to say that I got an unworking IC-756 PRO and fixed it :-)

I have put some comments and pictures in my WEB pages at:

http://jvgavila.com/wb9.htm

Hope you enjoy it!

73 JOSE EB5AGV
http://jvgavila.com