Old February 19th 08, 02:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
cadillac_eldorado cadillac_eldorado is offline

Default Finding pirates

On Feb 18, 3:02 pm, Billy Burpelson wrote:

Well, we have no way of knowing what you read, but, although -anything-
is possible, it seems unlikely for the following two reasons.

First, why would they (the pirates) transmit on a frequency that is
already occupied by multi-kilowatt transmitters 24/7 (WWV)?

Finally, the government takes a dim view of pirates already; why would
the pirates -really- try to incur the wrath of the government by jamming
a government service?

But again, anything is possible, I suppose...

What you say is certainly logical. I'm sure I just imagined this,
really--I've read a lot of different things lately and probably just
got mixed up.