Old February 19th 08, 01:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default Finding pirates

cadillac_eldorado wrote:
Finally found a good place in my abode where I'm getting good signal,
and tuned in all the heavy hitters last night, including Radio China,
Radio Taiwan and Radio Havana--and of course Radio Nederlands.

And now that I'm feeling flush with success, I'm curious about finding
pirate stations. I've read a fair amount about them in books, but I
haven't seen anything that explains exactly how to find these stations
(actually, I want to read Andy Yoder's book on pirate radio, but my
library does not loan out its copy ). I know sometimes they
broadcast their frequencies on WWV, but I haven't heard anything
yet.

Are there some good pirate signals out there right now?

Are you with the FCC?