Old February 20th 08, 05:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann Brenda Ann is offline

Default Not receiving FM radio stations

wrote in message
For years I attached a wire from the 4 way distribution amplifier my
cable TV utilizes and got excellent FM reception on my table top
radio. All of a sudden I cannot get FM reception. I tried touching
the antenna directly to the amplifier without any results. Any
suggestions

Most cable systems are slowly moving away from carrying local FM stations to
carrying satellite fed digital radio (the precursors to Sirius and XM). My
local companies in Portland, OR did this almost two decades ago, much to the
chagrin of many radio listeners in "shadowed" parts of town. Smaller
companies started doing this fairly recently, but it's likely all will do so
in time, especially once analog TV goes offline, it's doubtful they will
carry any analog signals.