Old February 20th 08, 06:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Not receiving FM radio stations

On Feb 19, 9:46*pm, "Brenda Ann" wrote:
wrote in message

For years I attached a wire from the 4 way distribution amplifier my
cable TV utilizes and got excellent FM reception on my table top
radio. *All of a sudden I cannot get FM reception. *I tried touching
the antenna directly to the amplifier without any results. *Any
suggestions

- Most cable systems are slowly moving away from carrying
- local FM stations to carrying satellite fed digital radio (the
- precursors to Sirius and XM). My local companies in
- Portland, OR did this almost two decades ago, much to
- the chagrin of many radio listeners in "shadowed" parts
- of town. *Smaller companies started doing this fairly recently,
- but it's likely all will do so in time, especially once analog
- TV goes offline, it's doubtful they will carry any analog signals.

- = Example = -
SF Bay Area - Comcast Cuts Back on FM Radio Service
Listeners in 31 North Bay and East Bay Communities
Object to Cable TV company's decision to end the delivery
of FM Radio Signals as part of their Cable TV Package.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...&type=business
[ Comcast's FM Radio Signals Goes Silent ]
-source- SF Gate © 2008 Hearst Communications

FWIW - Most of the 40+ distinct Digital Audio Channels
that come in Cable TV and Satellite TV 'packages' are
Commercial Free and their sound quality is much better
than the FM-Stereo Radio Signals that were provided before.

I just wish that they would also carry the Big-5 Talk
Radio Networks as well.

~ RHF