Old November 8th 03, 09:19 PM
K7JEB

Cecil, W5DXP, wrote:

And to improve on your model a tad, make the capacitive wires equal on
each side of the installation point, i.e. instead of a 2 foot wire sticking
out horizontally, make it one foot of wire sticking out in two opposite
directions. That will minimize radiation from those wires.

Good suggestion, Cecil. I had planned to make the capacitive
wires into little square-shaped contraptions having about the
same size as a turn of wire on the loading coil and then
duplicate them up and down in the Z direction. I may still
do this, but I wanted to publish the preliminary results as
soon as I saw an effect, however imperfectly perceived.

Jim, K7JEB