Old February 20th 08, 03:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Frank Dresser Frank Dresser is offline

Default Finding pirates

"Drifter" wrote in message

Frank, if i remember, that was at 15mg. there were a few post on a few
of pirate web sites on this a few years back. also, when the gov did the
weather and wave thing a few years ago, i remember a few people freaked.
i believe that was 10mg. and that didn't last long either. so, as the
saying goes, when it sounds a little different, just blame a pirate.

GOOD DX!
Drifter...

Or you could blame radio. On a couple of occasions, I've heard what sounds
like chatter under WWV. Maybe it was an image or crossmod or something like
that. Maybe it was a transmitter spur. It's always been unintelligible and
I couldn't be sure if it was English or not.

I suppose the WWV frequencies might be usable in parts of the world where
time station signals are weak, but there must be hundreds of better
frequencies.

Frank Dresser