Old February 21st 08, 05:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II m II is offline

Default AM tonight

wrote:

Cool. How does that compare to reception you have gotten on something
like a portable AM/FM/SW with the ferrite antenna or other desktop
radio you may be using?

The closest set is a Realistic dx 398 on batteries. It's doing almost as
well on the internal antenna as the Yaesu is doing on the random wire.

The 398 seems a bit more selective in the bandpass department.

The computer induces some noise into the 398, though..the Yaesu has a
coaxial lead coming in from the back of the house. I had to ground the
sheathing where the cable enter..I didn't have a good ground handy near
the radio.

Shortwave is bad tonight. I can't get 5 or 10 MHZ time signals on either
set and yes, it took me a minute to remember to slide the whip out on
the 398.

5985 seems to come in about the same on both.

5:54 GMT

mike