Old February 21st 08, 09:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Not Receiving FM Radio Stations - Try an Outside FM Antenna

On Feb 20, 6:20*pm, "
wrote:
On Feb 20, 5:30*am, dave wrote:

wrote:
For years I attached a wire from the 4 way distribution amplifier my
cable TV utilizes and got excellent FM reception on my table top
radio. *All of a sudden I cannot get FM reception. *I tried touching
the antenna directly to the amplifier without any results. *Any
suggestions

- -
- - Do you have any FM stations nearby?
-
- One, and I receive it
-

Malibu,

Well then you know that the FM Radio does work.

If the Cable TV has stopped carrying the local FM
Radio Stations. You then have two options :
* Check-out and Listen to the Digital Music Channels
being offered by the Cable TV.
* Get an External Outside FM Radio Antenna; install it
and use it to improve your FM Radio Reception.

FM Reception Tips - Winegard Company
http://www.bext.com/winegard.htm

About TV and FM Antennas - KYES
http://www.kyes.com/antenna/antennadex.html