Old February 22nd 08, 08:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
MAc MAc is offline

Default IC-761 higher bands problem

Joseph Fenn pisze:

In my experience, I had somewhat the same problem. Once the
operating chip starts to fail, you will loose bands one by one starting
from the highest band like 10 meters. Then you will loose 15 meters,
20 meters, then 40 meters one by one.

brr, terrible future

Send it to a authoized ICOM
repaid center and they will restore the missing bands as I did.

The problem is, that I'm in Poland. The cost of sending 50pounds twice
across the ocean is higher, then value of IC761 :-)
So I have to do it myself.

Later found a hame in Italy that was marketing a new ramboard that
would last forever and you would remobe the old ramboard and install
his.

I'll look for him

But - In IC761 maual they wrote, that the memory (known "battery
problem) does not affect 761 - only 751.
On the other hand - many hams told me, that 761 has THE SAME problem
like 751.

I dont know what to think

MAc
sp9mrn

Still graeat thanks for any possible help and ideas