Old February 23rd 08, 02:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Gary P. Fiber Gary P. Fiber is offline

Default IC-761 higher bands problem

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:16:12 +0100, MAc
wrote:

Gary P. Fiber pisze:

Yes most likely the VCO trimmer caps are in trouble.

Even if RX is OK?

Of course thanks for help. I know, that work with trimmers is waiting
for me....

MAc
sp9mrn

The above 18 MHz made me think of the trimmer capacitors. Are you
using the ACC 1 jack? anything attached to that jack? Could also be
RFI getting into that jack for any wires connected to it.

If the trimmers the distortion can show up on either TX or RX but
usually it shows in RX first.

log onto www.icomamerica.com under support, then knowledge base,
choose amateur, then HF then the IC-761 from the radio choices. Then
do not specify an article. You should get a whole listing of more
commonly found faults found over the years with the IC-761.

Gary K8IZ