Old February 24th 08, 12:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] PocketRadio@gmail.com is offline

Default David Gleason's 'baptismal' moniker

On Feb 23, 6:56�pm, msg wrote:
�Fromwww.davidgleason.com:

I was born after the Second World War in Cleveland,

� Ohio as David Frackelton Gleason. My second given name,
� Eduardo, was bestowed upon my baptism.

Now, only by searching church records could one contest or
verify this assertion; considering that there seems to be
no accessible evidence to the contrary, why do folks
continue to question the validity of this name?

Perhaps David could comment: was this moniker bestowed
as 'Eduardo' or 'Edward' or 'Edouard' or some other
version of the name?

If indeed as he says it has always been Eduardo, then
there appears to be little justification for use of
pejoratives like 'faux hispanic'. �I don't remember
seeing any claims for hispanic ancestry in Mr. Gleason's
web pages or in any posts in the N.G. either.

...Just would like to see an end to the incessant ad
hominem crap in this N.G.

Michael

He used "Eduardo" to get a job with the now private, in-retreat
Univision, since he is only a high-scool dropout with a lousy podunk
GED. It is also going to make it harder for Univision to fire/layoff
him. Because of this, he feels very insecure, hense the need to
continually joist with us educated folk. Hell, my company wouldn't
even consider him, as they require at least a high school diploma and
US citizenship.