Old February 24th 08, 12:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Dave is offline

Default Grounding in Sand

"Ed_G" wrote in message
. 192.196...

Sometime in May I expect to be moving into a new house, built on
Pacific Northwest coastal Sand. It is at 100' elevation about 1/3 mile
from where the Siuslaw river dumps into the Pacific Ocean.

In the past, I usually drive at least one decent 8' ground rod outside
my shack for a station ground, but am wondering what you guys might
advise
in this regard with having sand instead of dirt.

Ed K7AAT

longer fatter rods, more of them, add horizontal buried radials, the same
thing you would do in any other poor grounding situation... except in sand
its much easier to bury radials and drive more rods than if you are sitting
on rock, so do more of it.