Old February 24th 08, 11:17 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Jim Mueller Jim Mueller is offline

Default Is this Pilot set real?

I think you mean miniature tubes. Sub-miniature tubes were used in a few
small battery portables but didn't catch on. They were used extensively in
hearing aids, though.

--
Jim Mueller

To get my real email address, replace wrongname with eportiz. Then replace
nospam with sacbeemail.

"J Ventry-McGee" wrote in message
Hmm, 1946. This must be one of the first postwar models to use
subminiature tubes.

I'm curious, what is the first consumer radio to use all subminiature
tubes?

Best,

Jeremiah