Old November 8th 03, 11:28 PM
Art Unwin KB9MZ

oSaddam (Yuri Blanarovich) wrote in message ...

Yuri shouldn`t bemoan lack of response to his Antenna Group 7. It only
shows there is not much to contradict.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Hi Richard,
thanks very much for the positive reinforcement. Seems that those who get their
hands dirty from antenna grease know a thing or two, those who model their
world on the computer know their paper stuff.

Yuri you make a very good point there. Those skilled in the
arts have often used gimmicks or quasi ruses in their studies
especialy in the use of mathematics where one can show on paper that
one plus one equals three
but cannot prove it factually. Engineers also use imaginary things in
the search of knoweledge where those that use their hands have to deal
with the real world. For many inductance is pure but imaginary as is
capacitance, each of these in the real world is a network but
engineers with the help of Laplace
have learned to deal with the real world with altered equations yet
use the same name such as inductance which in the real world there is
no such thing.
The fact that you used an imaginary term such as inductance instead of
a network unfortunately placed you in their camp in the world of
imagination.
An example with respect to your subject is for you to ask them to
provide you with an inductance of unlimited Q which in the imaginary
world that they frequent is no big deal, where in the real world you
are finding that Q beyond a 1000 is nigh impossible. Since speach
itself cannot resolve factual things to the satisfaction of all then
their will be no resolution.
All this reminds me of a problem I had years ago when I reffered to
capacitive coupling where its inherrent inductive component can be
used for matching purposes.
Now you tell me how you can convince experts that a capacitor is a
network
and thus has a usefull inductance component when they see for
mathematical reasons that the word capacitance refers to an imaginary
term to describe
what cannot be in the real world?
However Yuri your experimenting supplies an advantage over the experts
in that
it is in the real world that true invention has its value.
Art

So far not a one "overthrow" of my 7 points, so I take it that we are on the
right track and hope that others get it too and help us to use it properly.

BTW I just found good source for liquid crystal strip thermometers, they have
them in the pet shops, they are used for aquarium temperature measurements cost
around $2. Cheap and easy way to verify the heat from current. I will get some
and run som visual tests on Hustlers.

73 Yuri