Old February 25th 08, 08:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Popular radios

On Feb 25, 5:53*am, wrote:
I had already pondered deeply on whether eHam was popular with SWL's
and came to the conclusion that it was. It's coverage of portable
reviews is quite the most comprehensive public entry forum available.
You can try my theory for yourself by entering something like "Grundig
S350 review" on a Google search and it will come up with eHam tops.

Since Google rank your search findings according to popular views it
is an indication of a sites overall popularity with the public.

I don't know of any other site that gives such a comprehensive
coverage of shortwave radio's as eHam, and the hundreds of shortwave
radio reviews attest to that.

thank's to Bart and Ace for responding

John Plimmer, MONTAGU, South Africa

On Feb 25, 1:52*pm, dxAce wrote:

Bart Bailey wrote:
In

posted on Sat, 23 Feb 2008 11:10:55 -0800 (PST),
wrote: Begin

and some,like me, have
migrated
to using the latest ham transceivers.

When I assembled my latest radio room almost three years ago,
XCVRs were a given and the RCV only eTón E1 was an afterthought,
now in retrospect it seem to have been a good allocation of resources as
an SWL station too. I seldom tune in for scheduled broadcasts these days
like back in the 2010 days of yore (1980s) with most current SWLing
being a cursory sweep of the bands while doing some HAMming, so the E1
that serves for casual AM/FM-BCB listening is more than adequate even
with its lack of noise reduction capabilities. I suppose serious HF
monitoring would include a backyard Wullenwebber, but I have my limited
antenna farm space dedicated to HAM band application (resonances) and
SWL RCV is a compromise of whatever gets the most metal into the air.
The disparity of reviews between XCVRs and RCVRs could also have to do
with the orientation of that site (eHam) and its awareness in the
amateur community versus SWLers, whom might not frequent HAM pages as
much.

I'd have to agree that few SWL's are going to frequent eHam, so therefore the
number of reviews is going to be skewed toward transceivers.

dxAce
Michigan
USA- Hide quoted text -

DX Ace and John Plimmer,

With respect to the 'difference' in the Number of Reviews
that are Posted to eHAM; could it be partially due to the
simple Fact that :

* Shortwave Radio Listeners (SWL) like to Listen to
their Radios which is a 'passive' activity.
{Meaning / Making Them Readers 'Quiet' by Nature.}

* While the Amateur Radio Operators {Hams} like to
Talk on their Radios - Which is an "Active" Activity
{Meaning / Making Them Writers 'Braggers' by Nature.}

one man's opinion ~ RHF