Old February 26th 08, 06:52 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner.uk,rec.radio.scanner
tg tg is offline

Default req antenna recommedations - up to 3GHz

"Brian Kals" wrote in message
k...

"tg" skrev i en meddelelse
I'm a newbie upgrading to a 3GHz scanning system so I'm no looking
round for recommedations and feedback on antennas that perform up
to 3GHz. I would rather spend extra for a professional level
antenna than go for a cheaper option. The AOR DA5000 looks good but
I'd appreciate any tips before I start shelling out money. I'm
currently scanning with a D130 discone which works well but it only
goes up to 1300MHz. Thanks for any advice.

Hi TG.

Well it depends very much on what you want to hear.
Is it ground or space trafic?

both if that's at all possible Brian...
I have noticed that upper spectrum antennas tend to be more narrow in
the frequencies they target, unlike lower spectrum discones which try
to cover a wide range. So I'm none the wiser at this stage.