Old February 26th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mark Harper Mark Harper is offline

Default weather frequencies

In article , _
says...
Rog wrote:

Hi
I am trying to pick up the weather images using my Target HF3 and my PC,
what would be a good program for this please
Also what are the frequencies for the weather satellites etc.
thanks
Roger

HIya Rog,

Look for JVComm, or MScan - they're both pretty good - however If you've
still got a DOS PC knocking around - grab a copy of JVFAX (you'll need
to build the interface, but its dead easy!)

Frequencies int eh UK - 4.610MHz, 7.880 and 8.878 (not too sure on the
last one!) - all USB - but tune down 1.9 kHz from the frequency so as
you get a defin

The frequencies for the Weather Satellites are in the 137MHz Band - I
use WXtoIMG for Weather Satellite - its great with a Dartcom RX, and a
discone in the loft!

73s

Mark
(MW1MDH)