Old February 27th 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default noise canceling Elevator /HF?

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 02:38:44 GMT, ml wrote:

i happened to have one hooked up anyway and already had a small
antenna extra up there i taped to the side of the elevator room it
picks up noise fantastic

the anc never really seemed to fix the noise i am really trying to
kill thou i will say over all in general every now and then some
noise (not by my building) can really be cancled by it when it
works it's great but it works so poorly for my situation*(not the
above elevator noise) but the other far an few randum noise i wouldnt
recomend one unless you specifically know it can help your specific
instance

Hi Myles,

There's the old saying that "if a little works, a lot works better."

But possibly not in this case.

If you have your sense antenna right up against the noise source, you
are certainly inducing huge noise fields into that sense antenna's
line. Much too much. Pull that sense antenna away 40 feet (put it
between the two elevator sheds). 40 feet will still be plenty close.

Also make sure you have all lines going topside CHOKED! And in
several places along the way.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC