Old February 27th 08, 04:00 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner.uk,rec.radio.scanner
john john is offline

Default req antenna recommedations - up to 3GHz

tg are you on msn
"tg" wrote in message

"Greg" wrote in message
The main thing is if there was a broadband antenna for the frequency
of interest, the losses in the cable, even a few feet could kill a
signal above 1G .

but isn't that why we have active antennas? to overcome the losses?
also your comments contradict these antennas:
http://www.wimo.de/wifi-omnidirectio...ntennas_e.html
and they're supplied with cables that go up to 8 meters.

Sure, I use 30meter H-1000 cable at 1.4-2.8GHz, you just need adequate
amplification, most cable types have diagrams showing the attenuation
at certain test frequencies.
http://www.elfaelektronika.lt/cgi-bi...914-25&lng=eng
For instance.... there's more types of cable to compare with, but
personally
I like the Belden H-1000, double-shielded with copper braid and foil,
all for a reasonable cost....
You simply just don't use 100m RG174 at GHz frequencies :-)

what type of antenna are you using for 2.8GHz?