Old March 2nd 08, 04:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dave dave is offline

Default Antenna connection on a Kenwood R-5000?

Mike M. wrote:
Hi,
I have a Kenwood R-5000 and I have a long wire antenna. There are
two screw terminals in the back of the receiver for a wire antenna.
One screw is labeled: "50 (ohms)" the other screw is labeled "500
ohms" which is the proper lead for a wire antenna?
Thank you,
Mike McM.

Theoretically the 500 Ohm is for wire antennas. Some radios have better
static protection on one or the other RF input, so that may be a factor
as well.