Old March 3rd 08, 04:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Just Read That iBiquity Has Hired a New V.P. of Sales!

On Feb 28, 10:03*pm, Rfburns wrote:
Took a trip to the local Best Buy to check on the status of HD radio
sales. *Same three units still there - imagine that. *This stuff is
hot - and a college town at *that.

Just read that iBiquity has hired a new V.P. of sales *- *a Mr. Stocks
from MyerEmco. *Seems I've seen that guy on TV a few years back
selling Ginsu knives or something like that. *OK, maybe it was laundry
detergent.

In making the announcement, Bernie Sapienza, iBiquity's Vice President
of Retail Business Development, said, "We are happy to bring JR on
board at this important time, when the growth in HD Radio products at
retail is increasing. We will rely on him to work with our retail and
manufacturing partners to build HD Radio technology's presence at
retail."

Seems iBiquity might want to start with a little honesty about their
current state of sales, or lack of. * The dudes at iBiquity are spin-
masters. *At least Ginsu knives work.

Also read that iBiquity will not support any further development of AM
HD beyond the current state. *That should send a shiver to those boys
currently transmitting AM HD.

These iBiquity dudes are techno-wizards. *Even a school boy with a
rudimentary understanding of amplitude modulation schemes knows there
is no way to transition from an analog signal to a digital one without
taking huge chunks of bandwidth. Unless you want if to sound like a
cell phone.

Welcome aboard the Titanic JR.

jw

RF Burns - Keep-Up the Good Work )

Very Good as long as it has : IBOC -or- HD Radio -or- iBiquity
in the Subject-Line : I do not have a problem with any Post
about the iBiquity Digital Corporation's IBOC Broadcast
Scheme for AM/FM "HD" {Digital} Radio in the USA.

newsgroups they are about content ~ RHF