Old March 5th 08, 05:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default R/S RG6 Coax Quality ?

In article
,
RHF wrote:

On Mar 4, 6:39*pm, Bob Miller wrote:
On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 07:54:41 -0500, "Robert11"
wrote:

Hello,

Is R/S RG6 of "decent" quality for a receive only application (to a
scanner)
?

Or, should it be avoided like the plague, and go to one of the on-line
radio
supplier sources ?

Thanks,
B.

- I stopped buying any type of coax from Radio Shack
- in 1979 when I saw how loosely woven their braid was.
- I have no idea about their current products.
- You might check the price on RG6 at The Wireman's
- web site.
- I especially like his RG8X -- thin coax with heavy braid
- and center conductor.
- They'll put on the proper connectors if you don't want to
- do it yourself.
-
- Bob
- k5qwg

Who is :

SNIP

Thanks for spamming another thread with useless crap instead of
answering the OP's question moron.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California