Old November 9th 03, 04:38 AM
Cecil Moore

Roy Lewallen wrote:
Pull out your theories, and calculate it, like any competent
engineer should be able to do. For cryin' out loud, it's a simple series
circuit (except for Cecil, where it's some kind of distributed thing).

First post your answers, then I'll post the result of my measurements.

What is the value of the distributed capacitance between each two
turns on the toroid? That distributed capacitance is what makes a
75m mobile loading coil act like a transmission line.

Question: Why didn't you use a 75m bugcatcher coil for the experiment?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp