Old March 5th 08, 12:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
IBOCcrock IBOCcrock is offline

Default Just Read That iBiquity Has Hired a New V.P. of Sales!

On Mar 2, 2:35Â*pm, wrote:
On Feb 29, 4:32Â*pm, IBOCcrock wrote:

On Feb 29, 4:15Â*pm, wrote:

On Feb 29, 2:31Â*pm, IBOCcrock wrote:

On Feb 29, 1:03�am, Rfburns wrote:

Took a trip to the local Best Buy to check on the status of HD radiosales. �Same three units still there - imagine that. �This stuff is
hot - and a college town at �that.

JustreadthatiBiquityhashiredanewV.P.ofsales�- �a Mr. Stocks
fromMyerEmco. �Seems I've seen that guy on TV a few years back
selling Ginsu knives or something like that. �OK, maybe it was laundry
detergent.

In making the announcement, Bernie Sapienza,iBiquity'sVice President
of Retail Business Development, said, "We are happy to bring JR on
board at this important time, when the growth in HD Radio products at
retail is increasing. We will rely on him to work with our retail and
manufacturing partners to build HD Radio technology's presence at
retail."

SeemsiBiquitymight want to start with a little honesty about their
current state ofsales, or lack of. � The dudes atiBiquityare spin-
masters. �At least Ginsu knives work.

AlsoreadthatiBiquitywill not support any further development of AM
HD beyond the current state. �That should send a shiver to those boys
currently transmitting AM HD.

TheseiBiquitydudes are techno-wizards. �Even a school boy with a
rudimentary understanding of amplitude modulation schemes knows there
is no way to transition from an analog signal to a digital one without
taking huge chunks of bandwidth. Unless you want if to sound like a
cell phone.

Welcome aboard the Titanic JR.

jw

Subject: Google Finance Post
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:46:45 +0000

"Hey, we are all entitled to our opinions. Â*I would appreciate your
not having attacked me in your post on the google finance site.
Perhaps you would be kind enough to remove it if that is at all
possible. If I knew you or you knew me, Â*or perhaps I had a done
something that deserved such a comment, that would be one thing. Â*I am
sure you have your opinions on IBOC, and are entitled to those. Â*You
are not entitled to an opinion of me when you do not know me."

Best Regards,
J. R. Stocks

http://finance.google.com/group/goog...rowse_thread/t....

I referred to Stocks as a loser on iNiquity's Google Finance site,
becauseMyerEmcowas a loser that went out of business. Yea, a real
nice guy that should be considered a criminal, along with the rest of
iNiquity's employees, for this monopoly to take over our airways
through adjacent-channel interference! Â*Maybe, he doen't realize that
since he has been in the news, he is considered a public figure, and
is legally open to criticism.

Funny- no one told be me that we had gone out of business. Â*Check your
facts,Myer-Emcois very much in business, and has been for 52 years.
Rationalizing a personal attack of someone you do not know, simply
because they are in the news, is pretty weak ground. Â*I am not sure
what your beef with J.R. is, but I would certainly vouch for his
credibility and capabilities.
Signed- Jon Myer, Owner-Myer-EmcoAudio/Video
How about you signing your name to your attack as well? Your comments
are in the public domain, are they not?- Hide quoted text -

MyerEmcogot bought out - don't have a beef with him, except all
iBiquity employees should be held responsible for supporting the
highjacking of our airways. Let's see, what happens when Congress
finishes its investigation of the FCC - hopefully, this scam called HD
Radio will be brought to the publics' attention and those responsible
are prosecuted.

No, Myer-Emco was not bought out- I ought to know- dont you think?- Hide quoted text -

"Myer-Emco Inc. bought out by competitor"

May 8, 2007 5:48 PM (301 days ago) by Melissa Frederick, The Examiner
WASHINGTON (Map, News) - New York-based Harvey Electronics Inc. has
purchased local audio and video retailer and installer Myer-Emco Inc.
of Gaithersburg.

Myer-Emco began as a ham radio repair shop in a home in Silver Spring
in 1955, and grew to a chain of 10 stores in the D.C. area. Harvey has
nine locations in New York and New Jersey and has been in business for
75 years. Both specialize in high-end products and customized
installations, targeting wealthier markets.

"So many industry contacts have been coming up to me and saying, 'Gee,
this makes perfect sense,'" Myer-Emco President and Chief Operating
Officer Gary Yacoubain said Tuesday. "You couldn't find two more alike
companies."

Financial terms of the purchase were not disclosed. Yacoubain will
remain in his position at the combined company and Harvey will retain
the rest of the company's management team as well.

After the purchase, the stores will continue to operate under their
own names, and no branding will change, the executives said. Martin
McClanan, Harvey's interim chief executive officer, said the agreement
allows the company to continue to invest heavily in training their
workforce to make sure they have an educated sales team.

"We're not really trying to become a big box retailer; we want to be
the place you go if you are looking for a great quality product, or
for someone to actually do your installation," Yacoubain said.

http://www.examiner.com/a-717164~Mye...petitor.htm l

You stupid ****, JR - you don't even know your own business! LIER!
Now, go crawl back to your hole, and keep repairing all of thaose ham
radios! Loser! Just like everyone else, you'll never be able to sell
those empty HD radios! iBiquity scammed you, too! Stupid ****!